by Jenny Buttaccio
Fall is the perfect time to switch up your beauty routine. With less moisture in the air, your skin’s hydration needs change with the weather. We’re here to help! We’ve picked a few of our favorite products to keep your skin in tip-top shape through this season and into the next.
With a powerhouse blend of plant oils and potent antioxidants, you can ditch your regular lotion and cream for this super moisturizing body serum that softens and refreshes your skin.
Pumpkin seed oil, rich in zinc and Omega fatty acids 3 and 6, helps to improve skin elasticity. It also contains natural salicylic acid to delicately exfoliate and rejuvenate. With rare Omega-7, Sea Buckthorn oil nourishes and conditions your skin. The pleasant, uplifting fragrance of neroli promotes energy, playfulness, and joy.
Pro tip: Mist serum on your body when skin is damp to lock in moisture. We love this serum because it absorbs quickly and won’t leave behind an oily residue.
The Everything Balm truly lives up to its name. The restorative properties of shea butter, coconut oil, and jojoba oil naturally moisturize dry, chapped, and sensitive skin. It works well on faces and for scrapes, burns, rashes, insect bites and as a barrier from wind and moisture. You can apply this versatile product as needed.
With 100% organic ingredients, you can rest assured this product is safe for adults and children. In fact, the Everything Balm receives a perfect score of "zero" in the Skin Deep Cosmetics Database (www.cosmeticsdatabase.com), a safety guide to cosmetics and personal care products brought to you by researchers at the Environmental Working Group.
Pro tip: Toss one in your purse, tote or diaper bag. It’s conveniently packaged for all of your on-the-go, dry or irritated skin needs.
With an all-star cast of antioxidants, Mad Hippie's Antioxidant Facial Oil is a necessity for anyone trying to combat dry skin and protect against free radical damage. Don't be frightened by the word "oil." This luxe mixture is lightweight and quickly absorbed, leaving skin with a luminous glow.
The impressive list of ingredient highlights include argan oil, sea buckthorn berry, blueberry extract, pomegranate oil, camu camu berry, broccoli extract, raspberry seed extract, goji berry, hemp seed extract, grape seed extract and sunflower oil.
And at just $25 a bottle, it's an absolute must-have to usher in the new season!
Pro tip: Oils help seal in moisture. Use this preservative-free, antioxidant oil over your moisturizer to boost hydration.
Cooler temps may be problematic for some skin types causing breakouts or blemishes. Harsh anti-blemish creams that leave your skin red and irritated are a thing of the past thanks to No Bull's non-drying Blemish Blaster. With a slogan like, "No bogus ingredients. No chemical crap. No Bull," this company and its products mean business!
Blemish Blaster's amazing ingredients include aloe vera gel, neem extract, licorice root, witch hazel, willow bark, Leuconstoc, tea tree oil, and grapefruit essential oil.
This powerful combination is gentle enough to use twice a day. It can also be applied to blemish-prone areas to prevent breakouts from occurring. Plus, it absorbs quickly so it works great under makeup.
Pro tip: This product can also be used after shaving to reduce redness, rosacea, and discoloration. How great is that!
We love hearing from you! Have a tip for Fall beauty or a product you love that's not on our list? Leave us a comment below or tag us @noktivo in your posts to share your green beauty favorites. <3
little gifts that bring big smiles
There is no reason anyone should get coal this season with these amazing green beauty treats all for under $15. Give green and save green this holiday!
1. Lulu Blossom White Icing Sugar Scrub Melt - A decadent bath & shower bar that exfoliates and moisturizes. Bonus? You and your bathroom will smell like a frosted vanilla cupcake! $10
2. Astrida Naturals Bay Rum Shea Butter Stick (For Him or Her)- This push pop style moisturizer stick is exactly what your skin is craving. It's travel friendly size makes it easy to take anywhere and the essential oil fragrance will have you transported to a sunny beach sipping on a Mai Tai. $9
3. CALM Skincare Buttery Bath Melts - Who doesn't love a nice warm bath? Especially when it involves anything lavender. These bath melts blend rose flowers and cocoa butter that are especially good for Winter months when our skin needs some extra hydration. $14
4. Noktivo Rosemary Mint Soaps - Two mini soaps for double the fun. A scent we know and love for clarifying, relaxing and treating the whole body. $5
5. One Love Organics LOVE Beauty Bag - Gorgeous canvas tote bag with zipper for all your green beauty essentials. Show the LOVE. $15
6. SPAritual Vegan Nail Polish - We want to kiss these colors under the Mistletoe! Sparkling, Shiny and all that Glitters for the holiday fashionistas. SPAritual polishes are free of DBP, Toluene, Formaldehyde and Formaldehyde Resin. $12 each
7. CALM Skincare LashLuxe Mascara - Eureka! An all-natural alternative to the perfect mascara. Anti-oxidant and anti-microbial extracts of Oregano and Thyme nourish the lashes without weighing them down or clumping. $14
8. One Love Organics Brand New Day Exfoliant & Masque - Brand new year, brand new beauty. This gentle exfoliant that doubles as a mask, (can we just say how much we love multitasking products?) will refresh skin while keeping moisture locked in. An absolute miracle potion. $12
9. Lulu Blossom More Ginger Please Solid Perfume - Purse friendly fragrance that hydrates as it releases the clean fragrance of lemon, nutmeg, black currant, amber and of course ginger. Loved by many noses. $9
To see our full selection of gifts, stocking stuffers and green beauty treats for the holidays, please visit our Green Spa and Beauty Boutique, Noktivo, 4831 N. Damen Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625. Complimentary gift wrapping available. To shop online or to purchase a gift card please visit our Green Beauty E-Boutique: www.noktivo.com/shop
The team from Noktivo shares tips, tricks and tidbits for greening your beauty routine. <3