It's slightly embarrassing, but I can't remember the last time I read a book. I can't blame it all on being a new mom. Although in the off chance an extra hour to myself pops up, showering or eating usually win. Amiright mamas? But when I had heard a green beauty expert and formulator, Adina Grigore founder of the organic skincare line S.W. Basics, was releasing a new book, I knew I had to get my hands on it. We have so many conversations in our spa about the ingredients we put on our skin and the food choices we make to take care of our bodies. But think about if that conversation was one? We'd be talking about consuming foods that were good for our skin, and beauty ingredients that were healthy for our bodies. Yes! Exactly! This is what Skin Cleanse is all about. The inner outer beauty connection. Beauty from the inside out. However you want to call it, we no longer can ignore that what we put on and in our body affects our total health, which includes the inside AND outside systems. If you're experiencing acne, do you know to stay away from dairy? What about when hormonal shifts, pregnancy or stress wreak havoc on our adrenal system. It shows up where... our skin! But HOW do we do it? What do we eat? I wanted to learn more about this which is why I was so excited to get my very own hard copy. I called up my local bookstore, Roscoe Books, and picked up this beauty. When I flipped to the contents page it immediately affirmed what I knew, this is going to be an awesome read. Chapters like: Your Body Needs You, Eat Like Your Skin Depends On It, The Beauty Industry is Ugly and Be Your Own Apothecary. I am looking forward to a weekend dedicated to r & r, rest and reading.
Jenny, Owner, Noktivo Spa
---------- If anyone would like to join me on the Skin Cleanse journey, fill out the contact form below and I will send an invite to join our book club and where/ how to purchase your copy. We will be meeting up twice in August to share our thoughts, tidbits, and takeaways. -------------
little gifts that bring big smiles
There is no reason anyone should get coal this season with these amazing green beauty treats all for under $15. Give green and save green this holiday!
1. Lulu Blossom White Icing Sugar Scrub Melt - A decadent bath & shower bar that exfoliates and moisturizes. Bonus? You and your bathroom will smell like a frosted vanilla cupcake! $10
2. Astrida Naturals Bay Rum Shea Butter Stick (For Him or Her)- This push pop style moisturizer stick is exactly what your skin is craving. It's travel friendly size makes it easy to take anywhere and the essential oil fragrance will have you transported to a sunny beach sipping on a Mai Tai. $9
3. CALM Skincare Buttery Bath Melts - Who doesn't love a nice warm bath? Especially when it involves anything lavender. These bath melts blend rose flowers and cocoa butter that are especially good for Winter months when our skin needs some extra hydration. $14
4. Noktivo Rosemary Mint Soaps - Two mini soaps for double the fun. A scent we know and love for clarifying, relaxing and treating the whole body. $5
5. One Love Organics LOVE Beauty Bag - Gorgeous canvas tote bag with zipper for all your green beauty essentials. Show the LOVE. $15
6. SPAritual Vegan Nail Polish - We want to kiss these colors under the Mistletoe! Sparkling, Shiny and all that Glitters for the holiday fashionistas. SPAritual polishes are free of DBP, Toluene, Formaldehyde and Formaldehyde Resin. $12 each
7. CALM Skincare LashLuxe Mascara - Eureka! An all-natural alternative to the perfect mascara. Anti-oxidant and anti-microbial extracts of Oregano and Thyme nourish the lashes without weighing them down or clumping. $14
8. One Love Organics Brand New Day Exfoliant & Masque - Brand new year, brand new beauty. This gentle exfoliant that doubles as a mask, (can we just say how much we love multitasking products?) will refresh skin while keeping moisture locked in. An absolute miracle potion. $12
9. Lulu Blossom More Ginger Please Solid Perfume - Purse friendly fragrance that hydrates as it releases the clean fragrance of lemon, nutmeg, black currant, amber and of course ginger. Loved by many noses. $9
To see our full selection of gifts, stocking stuffers and green beauty treats for the holidays, please visit our Green Spa and Beauty Boutique, Noktivo, 4831 N. Damen Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625. Complimentary gift wrapping available. To shop online or to purchase a gift card please visit our Green Beauty E-Boutique: www.noktivo.com/shop
The team from Noktivo shares tips, tricks and tidbits for greening your beauty routine. <3